All set to participate in the HTLM5 contest? Here are some helpful resources…
You must have already heard about the Adobe Captivate HTML5 Contest that began on 13th January. I’m sure you would be all excited to participate in the contest. So I thought of helping you out with some resources to make your task easier 🙂
To create an eLearning course in HTML5 format, you will need a copy of Adobe Captivate 5.5 and HTML5 Converter. You will have to create the eLearning course using Adobe Captivate 5.5 and then convert it to HTML5 format using HTML5 Converter for Adobe Captivate.
If you don’t have a licensed version of Adobe Captivate 5.5, don’t worry. Click here to download a 30-day trial version of Adobe Captivate 5.5 software.
The HTML5 Converter for Adobe Captivate is available on Adobe Labs. Click here to download and use the converter. Make sure you are running the Converter as an administrator. The HTML5 Converter is still in a Beta version. You will find that some of the features and functionalities are not supported by the Converter, so make sure you read the release notes carefully before creating the content.
Finally, here are the rules of the contest:
- You can create and upload informational content, training content, games, etc. All entries must meet the content entry guidelines listed below.
- An individual can submit multiple entries.
- The winner will be decided based on the number of ‘Like’s he/she receives- so ensure that you drum up some support for your content!
- All content must be created using the Adobe Captivate HTML5 converter. Download the converter from here. Download your Captivate 5.5 trial from Adobe website.
- Create one zip file that contains all the associated files and folders published by the Captivate HTML5 converter. Upload the same. Ensure that your content conforms with the Entry Guidelines
- Contest Entry Opens: January 13, 2012 @ 12:00 am (US Pacific time)
- Contest Entry Ends: February 14, 2012 @ 11:59 pm (US Pacific time)
Content Entry Guidelines:
- Content must be original, created by the Entrant.
- All content must be created using the Adobe Captivate HTML5 converter.
- The associated files and folders published by the Captivate HTML5 converter must be zipped into a single zip file prior to uploading.
- Content must not use any property or rights belonging to a third party or otherwise infringe or violate any rights of any third party, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including patents, copyrights, trade names, trademarks, logos, or any other rights of any person or entity.
- Content must be suitable for publication and viewing by all ages and must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, harassing, grossly harmful, slanderous, libelous, disparaging, or that is ethnically objectionable, or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, harm or discrimination against any group, individual, or entity.
- Content must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in the jurisdiction where the Entry is sourced.
- Prize Eligibility – Must be at least 18 years of age to enter. No purchase necessary.
- Have Questions or Need Help? Post on our Facebook Page or email email@example.com
Good luck!! 🙂