Teaching is an art. In today’s world, owing to technical advancements, teaching has got more effective alternatives to make a student understand better. Of them, it is the most implicit of pedagogic tools that has been discovered ever. Besides making things simpler to understand, it helps to enhance retention of information and keep online learners more riveted. Read on to understand how animation is instrumental in eLearning processes as well as its benefits in eLearning syllabus.
Ways to use animations in eLearning
No matter how young or old you are, the world of animation has always presented a vibrant flow of creativity with the quantitative blend of fantasy and wonder. But there is more than the eyes meet. Animation goes beyond the visual treat and is more inclined towards practical implementation as well. In fact, it can be considered as an efficacious eLearning tool that will help to establish an emotional bond with online learners and get them more interested in the very process of digital learning. Stay with us and we will further explain you the use of animation in eLearning in more detail.
Reasons to use animations in eLearning
It is observed that many teaching heads are not in favor of using computer graphics in eLearning courses. They are against it because they have this perception that animation will reduce the value of the course or its credibility will be marred. This is actually not true. For, if you properly channelize your energy and time in the right direction, you will have a perfect customized digital learning design. As animations bring out humor and entertainment side, it will give a positive approach to eLearning arenas. Not only that it will make the eLearning material more engaging but also the level of instructiveness is elevated.
Secondly, animations facilitate online learners to watch and learn things at their own pace with options like – play, pause, skip or replay – which are employed within eLearning videos. These will allow online learners to access their study materials whenever and wherever they are and watch them at their own comfort zone. The main aim to create eLearning videos is to break down complex concepts and make the learner understand it is much simpler and effective format. For example, students can see how sun revolves around the earth through visual representations incorporated within eLearning syllabus.
Ways to use animations in eLearning
- Get it right: You can hit the target if you have aimed in right way. It is very crucial that in order to achieve success by implementing animations in digital learning, one should be able to put across any kind of emotion or feeling accurately. If you are showing a grave issue, then the tone and setting of the video should match the topic and the animated characters for eLearning should look serious and commanding. However if the video is aimed for nursery children then the tone and feel will be completely different, relaxed and entertaining, for the sake to capture young minds. It is very important to focus on different aspects of eLearning animation to make it feel and sound relevant to the topic, through which it will make an emotional connection with the viewer.
- One at a time: Since there is ample room for creative freedom, animation in digital learning will tend to confuse. Agreed that, there are lots of spaces to present different visual options in terms of characters, topics or situations through digital assistance. However, it is advisable to choose one topic or one character at a time. One should understand that it will be quite distracting to showcase too many characters all together at once. These will only divert the viewer from the main purpose of the video. It is better to avoid irrelevant information or characters that will not aid the progress of the concept or story. Also, try not to involve too many graphic design visual elements in the animated eLearning video.
- Interaction is a must: In most cases, eLearning animations tend to make viewers simply sit and watch as the video rolls out. While it is feasible for corporate or business purposes, it is not a healthy practice for young learners, especially. One should create animated videos and presentations in such a manner that it encourages interaction of the online learners with the digital learning videos. Make the eLearning animations interactive by creating interesting Q&A sections, which will make the learners click or control over certain game activities. This helps the online learner to take an active part in the eLearning procedure. Seek assistance from an expert company offering professional animation services to get detailed idea about this.
- Combo of visuals and audio: What is the use of a very brilliant and colorful video content if it doesn’t have any background score? With the right blend of visuals and audio components, one can stay clear of confusion and make the online learner to understand the video in a better way. On the other hand, if some of the learners do not know proper English or are hearing impaired, for such viewers inserting captions or subtitles at right places is a good option.
- Makes it simple: As mentioned earlier, animation in online Learning is incorporated mostly to make online learners understand in an effective manner through easy style. It can help immensely to make complex subjects or concepts look simple. Experienced and expert animation service providers have the skills to create eLearning animations which are easy on eyes as well as on minds since they have the ability to bring out simple ideas through complicated or sophisticated matters.
- The pause button: Acknowledge the fact that that boredom and distractions are unavoidable even for sophophiles. Most of the e-learners are running short of time for many reasons and thus you are obliged to present your animation or online learning activity with options to pause, stop, fast forward or rewind the presentation at any point of time as per their wish. This gives more degree of freedom to choose your online presentation which allows them to come back to the paused portion when they find a convenient time. Stating clear instructions about using the replay buttons at the very beginning itself, eliminates any kind of disturbances in between.
On a finale note, we can guarantee you that digital learning course will get a refined twist with the use of animations. It will be much more engaging, interactive and have emotional feel attached to it. We really hope that these tips of graphic design for e-learning proved beneficial for you and will help you get a better insight on eLearning video production.