I’ve wanted to put together a learning technologist certification for a long, long time. Well, guess who had the same idea – Training Magazine! And they’re making it happen at Training 2019! Learning geeks will unite in Orlando for our three-day learning technology program February 22-24, 2019. You can register here.
- Day 1: Creation and Authoring Learning Tools, presented by Jeff Batt
- Day 2: Multimedia Planning, Tools and Gadgets, presented by Nick Floro
- Day 3: Delivery and Emerging Technologies, presented by yours truly
I’m going to cover a variety of technologies on day three, in addition to discussing how to select and implement educational technology. And I’ll give you some free goodies to take home with you. Take a look at the program descriptions below and consider joining us at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort!
Whether you are a designer, developer, manager, facilitator, administrator, or executive, you need to understand what learning technologies are capable of today—and what their promise is for tomorrow. Through demos, hands-on experience, checklists, and rubrics, this program goes beyond identifying the latest shiny training tech objects — and helps you become a well-rounded learning technologist who makes the optimal selection, design, and implementation decisions for your organization.
Day 1 Creation and Authoring Learning Tools; Jeff Batt, Head Trainer, Learning Dojo
Authoring tools change quickly and often, so how do you keep up? We’ll begin by examining the overall principles of development (i.e., elements, properties, behavior). Then, using those principles, we’ll begin our exploration of specific authoring tools. You’ll learn:
- About the basics of course authoring, regardless of what authoring tool you may be using.
- How development principles apply to current off-the-shelf tools like Adobe Captivate and more.
- How to make the appropriate selection for authoring tools.
- How to learn any new authoring tool.
Day 2: Multimedia Planning, Tools and Gadgets; Nick Floro, Learning Architect, Sealworks Interactive Studios
Looking to bring your skills to the next level? On day two, you will learn how to get started building and designing interactive learning. Learn the finer points, practical skills that you can apply, and best practices for delivering engaging learning. You’ll learn about:
- Architecting your next project with collaborative tools.
- Sketching a storyboard from paper to PowerPoint.
- Improving brainstorming and feedback loops.
- Creating a prototype with Marvel app.
- Using Explain Everything App to create animated explainers and promos and to provide feedback.
- Thinking Outside the Box: 5 activities and concepts to add to your next project.
- Building an interactive chatbot for learning.
- Strategies for designing for learning and your audience.
Day 3: Delivery and Emerging Technologies; Katrina Marie Baker, Senior Learning Evangelist, Adobe
You’ve spent two days learning how to create engaging training resources. Day three focuses on how to deliver your content using the latest in learning technology and features content from Katrina’s books LMS Success and The LMS Selection Checklist. You will:
- Define common types of learning technology platforms.
- Demonstrate how technology can help you engage learners through the use of gamification, mobile learning, social learning, and blended learning elements.
- Explain how to use reporting and analytics to understand the learner experience.
- Describe the process to select a new technology platform, including the features and factors you should review with potential vendors.
- Discuss the process of successfully implementing and maintaining a learning technology platform.
- Cover best practices that include how to internally market your platform, curate your course catalog and content, and build an effective administrator team.
BONUS! You will walk away with supplemental materials and a free trial of Adobe Captivate Prime.
BYOD: Please bring a WiFi-enabled laptop with Storyline and Captivate installed (trial versions okay).
No credit card required.
Certificate Program in Washington, D.C, Apr 14, 2020