I’m delivering the opening international keynote session: 15 Ways to Market Your Training Program & Learning Tech.
Session description: Trying to get your learners’ attention? You may have the world’s best training program, but that doesn’t mean much if your learners don’t show up for class! Join Katrina Marie Baker for fun, simple ideas that ensure learners are as excited as we are about learning and development.
This 60 minute session provides fifteen tips that will help you:
- Reach learners who are geographically dispersed, incredibly busy, or in need of individualized coaching
- Introduce new learning technology, such as a learning management system, in a way that is engaging and beneficial to your overall training program
- Creatively promote learning and development within your organization
- Use cases, best practices, and humor included free of charge.
(If you’re interested in this topic but can’t join the conference, check out this recording of a similar virtual class.)
I’ll also deliver a three hour master class: Key Concepts of Constructivism & Blended Learning
Session description: When it comes to engaging learners, variety is key. Learning professionals are a bit like chefs, mixing approaches to give their students an effective and enjoyable educational experience.
Many learning professionals use constructivism to actively involve the student in a process of meaning and knowledge construction. Learners are exposed to an environment and framework that allows them to derive meaning as opposed to passively receiving information.
This master class will provide practical ways to deliver learner focused experiences. We will also explore research and theories behind current teaching methods. Discussion points will include:
- How to incorporate classroom experiences with other types of course content to engage students
- Benefits and limitations of blended learning, constructivism, and some related concepts, such as project-based, experiential, and inquiry-based learning
- How to create an effective learning environment using technology
- Suggested reading and additional resources
Hope to see you at the conference!