This was a fun project that was borne out of a discussion found at the link below.
Interestingly enough, that link was also inspired by a different post. That link can be found within the discussion at the above link.
Anyway – Here is my hangman contribution. This will be a 2-part series. In this part, I will share the working game and give a little overview.
In the second post, I will provide the CPTX project file and discuss the code a little bit.
Here are some features of this version of Hangman.
- Students can only play the game.
- Teachers may play the game but – with a password – may also insert additional words for their students. Additional words are temporary and will only last for the browser session or until the ‘Start Over’ button is pressed.
- This game comes with two default words.
- Default words can be modified and more may be added from within the project file. These will persist through a closing down of the app or browser.
- Words have a maximum length of 15 letters.
- Players will have 6 missed chances before being “hung”.
- A Win/Loss score is kept for the full word list and will reset on a new game.
- Letter choices will disable after being selected.
Enjoy the game and feel free to ask any questions that you may have in the comments.
If you wish to add some words of your own – the password is g00dGam3