October 25, 2019
Video – Gamification Trends in 2019 – Packed with Tips and Ideas You Can Use
Well-designed Gamification based trainings provide help to both organizations and learners at many levels.
The value from the learner’s perspective: The value Gamification based trainings bring in is re-affirmed by user feedback too. I list part of the findings from Talent LMS’s Gamification at work survey in 2018:
- 80% of employees enjoy using Gamification software at work.
- Employees feel that Gamification makes them more productive (87%), more engaged (84%) and happier (82%) at work.
- 75% of respondents who play games often were more likely to agree that they’d be more productive if their work was made more game-like.
- Older employees are more motivated by game elements than younger employees.
The value from the organizational perspective: The use of Gamification for learning provides several benefits to L&D teams:
- Gamification is a very engaging learning strategy and when crafted right, it helps the L&D teams meet the learning outcomes (similar to other strategies used in traditional eLearning).
- Because of a higher engagement quotient, a Gamification strategy provides higher completion rates as well as a better recall and retention.
- Gamification can be applied to meet various cognition levels—to help learners learn, practice, apply, or upskill. When applied over a period of time (spaced repetition), it can trigger the desired behavioral change.
In this video, see the 5 Gamification Trends that are worth a closer look. For each Gamification trend, we provide practical tips on why and how they can be used.
We hope the Gamification trends featured in this video give you the required insights on how you can use them to spice up your learning strategy.
Want more? Book a free consultation with us to learn how you can leverage on the featured Gamification Trends in 2019!