What can you achieve by using SCORM?
Durability: Content developed using SCORM will survive technological changes without expensive re-coding or re-design.
Accessibility: SCORM courses are portable and run on any standard SCORM compatible LMS.
What could be the advantage of using SCORM?
We have a plethora of advantages when it comes to SCORM. Let us highlight a few here:
- Easy integration and sharing across platforms that protect investments and significantly lowering the cost of content ownership.
- “Sequencing” is an added feature introduced in SCORM 2004, which can actually assign a sequence to a learning object which would permit learners to bookmark their progress.
- Detailed tracking of reports on a learning object is possible.
Any disadvantages with SCORM?
There is a very wrong side to the bright side of SCORM. Let us list down some disadvantages too:
- There are issues that exist with scripting across browsers
- Content and LMS must reside on the same server
For complete blog visit: https://www.swiftelearningservices.com/scorm-vs-tin-can-vs-aicc/
Now available online