Using Acrobat.com for Adobe Captivate project reviews
In Adobe Captivate 4, you could send an Adobe Captivate project for a review over email. The reviewers would store their comments in a network share location, export them as XML files, or send them over email to you. You would then import the comments into your project.
In Adobe Captivate 5, the review feature has been enhanced to help you leverage all the benefits that Acrobat.com offers:
- Acrobat.com acts as a comment store
- Users can reply to comments and comment threads are maintained.
- You can continue to modify your project even after sending it for review. Adding/deleting slides, modifying slide durations etc will not affect the comments shown on Timeline. (In Cp 4, it was recommended that you do not modify the project after sending it for review).
- Offline-commenting. In Cp 4, reviewers used to lose unsaved comments if comments are on network share and network connectivity is lost.
Here are the instructions to set up your project for review using Acrobat.com:
- Open the project that you want to share for review.
- Select File > Collaborate > Send For Shared Review.
- In the Send for Shared Review dialog box, type a name for the review file (CREV file) and then select Automatically Download and Track Comments From Acrobat.com.
- Click Next.
- Provide your Adobe ID and password. If you do not have an Adobe ID, create it using the link provided at the top of the dialog box.
- Click Sign In. A draft of the e-mail notifications to be sent to the reviewers appears.
- Customize the body of the draft if you want to provide additional instructions to reviewers.
- Enter e-mail addresses of reviewers in the To and Cc fields, and click Send.
All the reviewers receive an email notification with the URL to access your project. They download the project onto their local machines and open it using Adobe Captivate Reviewer. The reviewers then just sign-in to Acrobat.com with their Adobe ID and use Adobe Captivate Reviewer to add comments to the project.
The following demonstration shows how you can set up Adobe Captivate project reviews using Acrobat.com.
Stay tuned for separate entries on Offline commenting and Captivate review on MAC.