New utility for deleting Adobe Captivate project cache folders
Project cache in Adobe Captivate 5 helps you save and open projects faster. When you create a project in Adobe Captivate 5, a corresponding project cache folder is automatically created. This folder is saved in the project cache root folder specified in the project Preferences.
For more information on project cache in Adobe Captivate 5, see https://elearning.adobe.com/2010/07/cp5_project_cache_behind_the_s.html.
Over time, these cache folders may use up your system resources and you may want to delete the folders to optimize the resources. You can delete the folders using the ‘Clear Cache’ option in the project Preferences. However, this method can be time consuming if you want to delete multiple project cache folders simultaneously.
The new utility from Adobe, Clear Cache Application, lists all the Adobe Captivate 5 project cache folders on the system along with the corresponding project name, size, status of the project (opened or closed), date modified, and cache size. Using this information, you can decide which cache folders you want to delete and quickly delete multiple cache folders with a single click.
To install and use this utility, perform the following steps:
- Download dcache.zip and unzip the contents
- Double-click the file dcache.zip and follow the on-screen instructions to install the utility.
- After the installation, the Clear Cache Application opens and lists all the project cache folders in the default cache location.
– To view the cache folders in a different location on your system, click Browse, and navigate to the location of the folder.
– To delete a cache folder, select the check box that corresponds to the folder and click Clear. To delete all the folders, click Select All, and then click Clear. Please note that currently opened projects cannot be selected for deletion.