We have released Update 1 for the 2017 release of Captivate. This update addresses several important bug fixes and includes support for the latest release of macOS.
To install the update, in Captivate, click Help > Updates. Then, follow the on-screen instructions.
The new build number after the update is 10.0.1.285.
This update contains the following:
- In-app interactive guide for responsive projects. Follow the walk-through to create responsive projects using Fluid Boxes
- New video tutorials for Captivate (2017 release). Whether you are a rookie user or an experienced user of Adobe Captivate, these tutorials serve as an excellent baseline to get acquainted with Captivate (2017 release). Navigate to video tutorials to get started.
- Support for macOS 10.13 & iOS 11.2.6. This update supports the latest Mac releases and fixes a critical issue.
- Direct access to Captivate e-learning assets without having to sign in. Download assets and files straight away.
We have also fixed some bugs in this update release. Here is the list below:
- You can navigate the answer options using the Tab key. Once you reach the answer options, use the arrow keys to navigate through the answer options. Select the option using the Spacebar.
- Using the Tab key, you can reach the TOC, and navigate through the slides from the TOC panel.
- Closed caption toggling via a slide button does not work if the playbar is disabled.
- The customizations made in the Closed Captions dialog in a different breakpoint do not always get retained after saving and reopening the project.
- Closed captions flicker in an HTML5 output when changing from one closed captioning to another on the same slide.
- When generating audio using Neo Speech agents, line breaks in slide notes do not result in inserting silence between the generated audio sentences.
- If there are five or more objects on a Master Slide, or the objects are marked as Rest of Project on a slide in Filmstrip, then the objects do not appear in SWF output.
- In a click-box, if a shortcut is from a num-pad key, then the number keys above characters don’t work and vice-versa.
- In a responsive project, an answer option that would go out of the slide canvas in runtime, now wraps properly in runtime.
- In states, variables do not propagate values to state and additional state items.
- In Mac, Photoshop round-tripping does not work.
- You could not download assets from eLearning Brothers, whose names contained spaces or numbers.
- Background audio in a Captivate project does not appear when you publish the project as video.
- The spell checker (F7) may not function as expected on slide notes with formatting.
- HTML formatting tags (bold, italic) are getting displayed in Find and Replace dialog, if the searched string is part of slide notes.
Problems while updating
The following error messages may appear:
“Update Failed Updates could not be applied”
“Adobe Captivate 2017 Update 1
Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M1P28”
The error messages appear because you may have applied an intermediate fix on Captivate build 10.0.0.192.
Follow the steps below to resolve such issues:
- Uninstall the current build from the machine.
- Download the base build from the page below, https://elearning.adobe.com/2017/03/adobe-captivate-download-locations/
- Install the new build on your machine.
- Once done, launch Captivate, and update from Help > Update.