Recently I built a UI for the project I am working on. It consists of:
- A home icon/image with a smart-shape button placed on top of it which sends users back to the main menu.
- two chevrons again with smart shape buttons on top. these are for the Next/Previous navigations/
- A help icon/image again with a smart shape button. For this button, I added a shared action which works to simply display a help message and then hide it after 5 seconds. Its a very simple 3 line script.
After I had built all of these assets into my UI, I then grouped them so that I could easily copy and paste to subsequent slides. Here is my problem, every time I go to paste it I get this fatal error:
I did figure out a solution but it is not ideal. the solution is to remove the shared action and instead set the help button to ‘no action’. This allows me to paste the UI group. But then I have to go in manually to each help button and re-add the shared action mentioned above.
So, my questions to you all are:
- Have any of you encountered a similar issue?
- Do you know why this might be happening? (I tried it multiple times, rebooted my machine between retries etc.)
- Could this be a software issue or does it look more like a hardware issue?
- Any better solutions than mine?
Thanks for reading!
Now available online