July 5, 2019
Replace fonts in recent upgrade?
Comments
(6)
July 5, 2019
Replace fonts in recent upgrade?
Explorer 9 posts
Followers: 0 people
(6)

I recently updated to the latest version of Captivate, but now it tells me when I open a project that two of my standard fonts are missing and it wants to replace them with Tahoma.  Our standard is Gotham, so I try to change to that, but it still applies the Tahoma.

Is anyone else experiencing this with the  upgrade?

6 Comments
2019-07-13 18:21:13
2019-07-13 18:21:13

If you are on a Mac, try checking and reinstalling the font in Font Book.

Like
(1)
2019-07-08 12:32:17
2019-07-08 12:32:17

Okay, so I should find the closest system font to what looks like Gotham from the Adobe or Website fonts and use that.

Thanks Lieve!  Your responses are always helpful and thorough.

Like
(1)
(3)
>
Love2Learn_AJS
's comment
2019-07-08 12:35:46
2019-07-08 12:35:46
>
Love2Learn_AJS
's comment

You would win for sure with that approach: all dynamic text containers would keep that Adobe font, and no problem with responsive projects neither.

I feel sorry for those users still working with system fonts. Maybe should have posted more about the dangers of using system fonts.

Like
(1)
>
Lieve Weymeis
's comment
2019-07-08 12:38:35
2019-07-08 12:38:35
>
Lieve Weymeis
's comment

For me, it’s our communications department edict, so I was sort of tied to it.  But with the upgrade, I’m not going to have that struggle with every product.

Like
(1)
>
Love2Learn_AJS
's comment
2019-07-08 12:54:21
2019-07-08 12:54:21
>
Love2Learn_AJS
's comment

That is good news, was smiling because I don’t have to struggle with departments anymore, know what it means.

Like
(1)
2019-07-06 10:53:03
2019-07-06 10:53:03

Gotham is a system font. which may be the reason (you are not the only one to get that dialog box). Problem is that system fonts do not guarantee that the published version will show the correct font, since it will only happen if the learner has the exact font family installed. It is always recommended that you use either websafe fonts or Adobe fonts (formerly Typekit fonts) which don’t have that problem.

I know this is very frustrating what you are experiencing. Personally I didn’t have the problem because of what I just explained. When SWF publishing and non-responsive projects were the default, static text was converted to images, and that problem didn’t exist, except for dynamic text (text including values of variables). For responsive projects, this is not the case.

Like
(1)
Add Comment