Within an Adobe Connect Virtual Classroom, the option to use Breakout Rooms for small group collaboration within the Meeting is a helpful feature that has evolved steadily with each subsequent version of Adobe Connect.
Using Breakout Rooms (BoRs) in Adobe Connect Virtual Classrooms (VCs) allows an instructor to place student users into virtual online rooms for separate small group collaboration and then bring them back into the Main Meeting VC for debriefing.
- These first two resource links provide a summary of BoR capability:
- The following short demo recordings were just authored by Peter Ryce to offer some helpful BoR management tips:
- By default, BoRs will take on the layout of the main VC room layout from which they are created. In this first short demo Peter shows how to reset the BoR layouts to a specific alternate layout format you designate:
- In this second short demo, Peter shows how to customize the look and feel of each of the BoRs prior individually prior to the VC session:
- In this third short demo, Peter shows how to synchronize and control a single slide deck across all BoRs as the host of the the VC session and from outside of the BoRs within the Main Meeting VC session:
- In these final two short demos, Peter shows two options to allow an instructor to monitor the activities in all BoRs as the host of the the VC session; the first is through creative use of the Presenter Only Area and the second is by using a separate BoR management layout within the VC session: